Friday, September 05, 2008

My Best Friend's Hyderabadi Wedding

Path carpetted with petals of rose,
Scent of love in the air, it grows.
The moment, much awaited, arrives,
When the cosmos will join them, their lives.

"Make Merry" they said, joy was the mood,
And amidst the celebration I stood,
Witnessing the greatest union,
"Made for each other" we cried in unison.

He came like the wind, slow but soon,
Swept her off her feet, like a devine boon.
She was his sky, infinite expanse of love,
Their love on earth, destined by the High Above!

As I stood in my space, looking,
To Welcome her man like a King!
I knew I had waited for this day in keen,
When he would make her, his queen!

In her eyes I saw a plethora,
Of emotions, of the compassing aura.
In his eyes I saw his heart,
Thanking the devine for this life, this start.

For all those who believed there was nothing,
Nothing called Perfect, oh lord!
Verily, they are not here, seeing everything,
For she and he are more perfect than the perfect god!

Why take things any further,
She completes him, he completes her!
Marriages are made in Heaven,
But the wedding was held in Hyderabad!


On 20th August, two of my greatest friends, my family, Manasa and Pavan were joined in the bond of matrimony. I was lucky to be there, to bear witness to this wonderful day. This is my tribute to the lovely couple..... An Ode to celebrate their wedding

7 comments:

aria said...

nice tribute.

Anonymous said...

Thanx Alfi...u r back....

A cherishable tribute...hats off to u my dear friend

Keep writing....dont disappear again

aria said...

hello :) its ok.. welcome back..
(was just doing some diraaama)
hope you are doing better now.
wishing you the very best..
tc

hotICE said...

@aria: PHEW! Relieved I am! thank you ma'am :P

@anonymous aka Reena: You are always generous.. thank you.. and I hope I don't disappear again

Ajoy Philip Babu said...

welcome back alfi...and are you referring to manasa from adis?

hotICE said...

@Ajoy: thank you man... yes.. the very same Manasa

Anonymous said...

how mean....i like to remain anonymous