Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Bitter Sweet Farewell

I stood there, on the shore,
Watching the sky, I adore...
And then the wind blew,
And with the wind my woes flew.

A strange liking, a strange fondness,
An inexplicable kindness,
Oh lord, why oh why am I on this bay,
When I know time will take wind n sky away?

And thus, it happened, the inevitable,
To fight destiny, it is impossible.
What comes to one has to go away,
A strange law, we call the life's way!

So long oh my dear sky,
The distance brings a tear in my eye,
And how could I stop you oh wind, my my,
Pray! Do not say to me bye bye




6th September, 2008, Manasa and Pavan bid farewell to Abu Dhabi... Wrote this on my way to the airport, as I myself was leaving for Doha. We had a splendid time for 2 days in a row, that parting was difficult. 

Wishing them all the best in the life ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better late than never.....

aria said...

"What comes to one has to go away,
A strange law, we call the life's way"

so true. touching farewell.