Monday, January 23, 2006

Are You DEAD?

That's what half the junta associated with me have been flooding my inboxes of my email, mobile and even my blogger comments with. Well, can't blame them, for I have indeed been in exile for quite some time. Thanks to a whole lot of pleasing things happening in my life. As it is things are moving really smoothly in my life, when my friends decide to add fuel to fire by bowling me over with quizzes regarding my well being and sanity. So here is for all you curious little chaps and buddies, to my adopted siblings- present and would be ones too, to my lovely girlfriends (do I have any?), to ever caring relatives and family people, to the world on which I am a burden, once and for all, I AM VERY MUCH ALIVE!

The New Year hasn't been so very new to me. Apart from the fact that I always have the bank counter guy giving me weird stares when he realizes that I haven't moved on with the times, signing with date DD/MM/05. I'm pretty lousy at updating you see, and my blog is an excellent exemplary. Coming back, so the New Year, to me, has got nothing so new about it. The celebration in the hostel on the New Year's eve was one of its kind. There was a huge raging bonfire, loud music (read as noise) and rivers of the right kind of beverages flowing. People scaled greater heights, thanks to potted plants with weeds. There was merry in the air and everyone was in this state of strange frenzy. However, I failed to understand why so much of hoopla about a New Year? After all, when you wake up in the morning of January 1, its inevitably going to be SSDD (read Same Shit Different Day).

Despite all these reasons which gave me aversions to the whole idea of a New Year's Eve celebration, I still joined the festivities. It was a different feeling that started bubbling in me. And since then, its been only growing in me. There is this vague steam in me which is building, and I'm afraid, one day, I'll burst...

On 3rd September, 2002, I came to Regional Engineering College Trichy, which was of course, on its way of being rechristened as National Institute of Technology Trichy (NIT Trichy), with the dreams of becoming an engineer of caliber and competence. Since then, there has been no looking back, different matter that its been a really bumpy ride for me. There have been moments in my stay here when I felt extremely defeated. There were moments when I wanted to run away from this place. There were instances when I wanted to commit murder. There were instances when I was applauded and wanted to fly in the appreciation. There were times when some people entered my life and I wished they stayed there forever. And today, I know for sure, that I feel really bad about one truth...

Today, 24 January 2006, as I sit here in the Internet lab which gave birth to a blogger in me, I face that impending truth. In 4 months time, I would be transformed from a wannabe techy, a would be engineer to an engineer with a BTech degree. Of course, that is something to be amazingly happy about. My parents would be proud. My friends would be proud. My community would be proud. And I? I'm proud of course, no doubt, but in the heart of hearts, I'm scared. Will I live with the trade off that I'll be leaving this god forsaken campus, about which I crib about 24/7, yet love it with the same love that I love my house? My friends who gave me the support and reason to fight? My love and passion that I found here in people and things, will they all fade away? Will I lose them all, just for the sake of a degree? I'm scared... I'm scared...

Life is a journey up a hill, some say. Life a river that flows, some say. But I don't care what life is, but this is certainly not the way it has to treat me. In the last 3 years and so, I've found so much comfort and peace in many a person in this place that it really petrifies me that one fine day, a train journey will change everything, from my going to lectures straight from bed to wearing the same pair of jeans for days together.

But then, I guess that is the way life is. A long train journey. From one station to another, meeting new people till their station is reached or yours. And then, they are simply but a piece in memory. Sometimes you have the option of upgrading from the unreserved to reserved compartment, from the reserved to AC compartment and so. And in the process, you meet more people, more experiences, more things recorded in memory. A train of events. The train of life.

To all those whom I met in this train, I'm still alive, thanks to your prayers and wishes.

18 comments:

Prerona said...

welcome back :)

hotICE said...

thank you prerona.... good to see that you haven't given up on my elusive ways;-)

Anonymous said...

wow a new post!! Do u know u r there in my blogroll... I dint know ur name when I put u in there.. so u have a different name there though :p

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Welcome back to the land of the alive !!!! - is that what i should be saying ????

aria said...

Hi! Nice to see you back. Hope you are doing well n life's journey is carrying you on higher grounds. Keep posting.
Best,
Aria

DegEneRat1v3_HuManoId Like BeiNG said...

It happens ... it happens and it keeps happening. I think you should have come to terms with it; isnt that what just keeps happening in every phase of your life? School, home, friends .... and now college....
The funniest thing about humans is their ability to make the same mistake more than once...

Nice post .... you rock .... still waiting for the Job Treat....

ciao

Ajwad

hotICE said...

@ Girl: I'm thoroughly flattered.. saw the name you gave me.. well, My name is Alfi, in case you dinno

@ Heena: hey.. thanks for coming back.. yeah, guess I am coming to terms with it... gonna read your post too...

@ Deepa: ah! proud to be alive

@ Silky Moon: thats rite.. soo many have moved ahed, painfully though.. guess its time for me too.. thank you

@ Aria : thank you Aria, its friends like you who keep me going in the blogging worls as well as in real life..

@Ajwad: thank you pota!! dinno you liked my page.. Oh! Before I forget, ladies and gentlemen, friends, this is Ajwad, my junior in college... hez a page too.. do check it out.. keep coming pota darling.. thanks a million

Once again, thank you all of you, those who have commented and ohters. These thoughts have been giving me some tough time for a while.. and I just shared them with you.. I'm really grateful to all of you

keep blogging!!

Urvashi said...

Welcome back!
I think most of us who are on the verge of winding up our studies go through these feelings and thoughts. I'm a bit scared about what lies ahead. :)

Anonymous said...

I know ur name :D but its just that.. this blog was my.. love at first sight kinda blog... so i dint need ur name to put u in my blogroll! neway, stay on ground :P achha lissen.... i like that thing.. "im scared.. loosing ur stuff for the degree".. u write gud! keep it up!

hotICE said...

@ Phoenix Rises: trust me we all do.... but I dunno why, its wierd in college.. neva felt this way when I changed school after 10th.. or in fact, when I left school.. I was in the Gulf till 12th, and then came down to India for my engg.. but in colege, its really hard...

@ Girl: I dunno what to say.. I hope keep living upto expectations.. and about my writing, its all just, direct Dil Se... ;-)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! an amazzzzing blog......
Was looking for some answers, some explanation from a bit long, got it here.....

Thanks
Keep posting.....

Cheers!!!!!
Ekta

hotICE said...

@ Ekta: thank you Ekta... really happy that I've been of some use lately to ppl ;-) do keep coming here... dinn see a link to your page.. next time, pl do leave your id too..

thank you once again.. hope I keep givin you nswers

AakASH!!! said...

I read your Frost and Sunken the first time, and there i was back into my engg days(they werent so far back into time, as they seem from the sentence), now its a different ball game.
Then i read this post.
You see the train goes on, its not as if there is a destination, or a fixed route. There is only the journey But i know you dont have any space for all this metaphysical SSDD. :) Thus i wont prattle.
But you write well, for you say what you want to.

Anonymous said...

3 months it is!! to get out n move on!
3 n a half years and i have been cribbing about my college..about this city....i realise now i like it!! but still my thoughts here r different from yours. i cant wait to move on..to take tat train to a new destination to new places....to a new freedom!!
N if this doesnt give u an indication......yes i am an engg student in God's own country passing out as a Electronics and communications enginner in june 2006 and taking a step to the "real" world as a software engg!!!!!
Anyways did go thru some of them older posts....n like ur way of puttin across thots!!
Enjoy n TC....n hope to c more posts....
so tat i can write more letter like comments!!:P
buhbye!
Divs

Unknown said...

Man! same thoughts as yours...
Splitting with college (mates) in 3 months in search of the unknown...it is a queasy feeling...by the way your previous posts did help a lot...i am also going to have my first gd/interviw next month...this one for a bschool...I was damn nervous and reading your entry helped a lot...
Cool writing...and rock on!

Anonymous said...

Sorry!!
i dont have any URL...i am just an anony who reads up few good blogs daily.
Ekta

hotICE said...

@ AakASH!!! : Thank you aakash for dropping by.. hope you do that more often.. about the train, yes it is a journey, for some its planned, but for some others its an aimless travel. And please feel free to comment anything... I have a lotta space for you;-)

@ Divya : Probably, Divya, you are right. But the strange fact is that, I wanted to get outta this place asap too.. untill recently... when I have suddenly begun to long for my older days in this place... I suddenly want to live this life again.. want to correct my mistakes.. but alas.. I can't.. And hey, do write letters;-)... And by he way, where in God's own country are you? I belong to the same place you see.. but I do not appreve of the stuff happening in 90% of the colleges ther

@ Rockus: which one dude??? A,B,C,I,K,L? congrats and best of luck!!!!!

@ Ekta: fine then... do come here often.. but lemme warn you that I have this habbit of going into absolute oblivion once in a while, but pl do not give up on my elusive ways.. ;-)

Urvashi said...

You have been tagged! Check out my blog for further details!